Other Name: Methyl Sulfonyl Methane
CAS No.: 67-71-0
EINECS No.: 200-665-9
Appearance: White crystalline powder
Melting Point(℃): 107-111℃
Boiling Point(℃): 240.9°C at 760 mmHg
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is an organosulfur compound with the formula (CH3)2SO2. It is also known by several other names including DMSO2, methyl sulfone, and dimethyl sulfone. This colorless solid features the sulfonyl functional group and is considered relatively inert chemically. It occurs naturally in some primitive plants, is present in small amounts in many foods and beverages, and is marketed as a dietary supplement.
|CERTIFICATE OF ANALYSIS|
|ITEMS||PRODUCT STANDARD||INSPECTION RESULT||TEST METHOD|
|Purity %||>99.90||99.95||USP32, page 1053(GC)|
|DMSO Content %||≤0.01||0||USP32, page 1053(GC)|
|Appearance||White Crystalline||White Crystalline||USP31|
|Water Content%||<0.20||0.14||BP Appendix IXC;determined on 0.5g|
|Total Heavy Metals： ppm||<3||<3||BP|
|Residue on Ignition% %||<0.20||<0.2||USP32, page 1053|
|Standard Aerobic Plate Count(CFU/g)||<10||<10||BP|
|Total Aerobic Bacterial Count||<1000||1000||BP|
1. Rehabilitate the attrited arthrosis cartilage,is a key structural component in cartilage and acts as a lubricant
2. Enhance the immunity and improve osteoporosis.
3. Cure neuralgia, arthralgia and process the concrescence of wounds.
4. Promote the synthesis of mucopolysaccharides, advance the viscosity of synovia, and improve the metabolism of arthroidal cartilage.
5. Has some curative effect on rheumatoid arthritis and hepatitis.
6. Has some curative effect on melanoma, lung cancer and renal carcinoma.
1. Used as medicine’s raw material, it can promote the synthesis of mucopolysaccharides, advance the viscosity of synovia, and improve the metabolism of arthroidal cartilage with evident effect of relieving inflmmation and easing pain.
2. Used as nutritive food of diabetes, it can cure enteritis instead of cortisol and has some curative effect on rheumatoid arthritis and hepatitis.
3. Used in cosmetic feed and food additive industry.