Emulsifying agent consisting of sorbitol, ethylene oxide & oleic acid (polyoxyethylene-80 sorbitan monooleate), oleic acid is derived from vegetable oil. Purity > 95%. Amber, viscous liquid, odorless. Saponification value 45-55. Soluble in water & alcohols, insoluble in oils. HLB value 15 (gives oil-in-water emulsions).
INCI Name: Polysorbate-80
- Non-ionic, multi-purpose emulsifier (enables water and oil to mix)
- Emulsifying efficacy is increased when combined with cetyl alcohol or sorbitan stearate
- Acts as dispersing agent and anti-static thickener
- Very useful as solubilizer and stabilizer of essential oils
- May be useful as hair growth supplement
Use: Can be added to formulas as is. Typical use level is 1 – 10%. For external use only.
Applications: Body washes, hair shampoos, hair loss treatments, lotions, creams, bath oils, solubilizates.
Country of Origin: CN
Raw material source: Sorbitol, vegetable oils
Manufacture: Polysorbate 80 is obtained by esterification of sorbitol with one or three molecules of a fatty acid including stearic, lauric, oleic, and palmitic acid.
Animal Testing: Not animal tested
GMO: Not tested for GMOs
Vegan: Does not contain animal-derived components