The chemical name of the cooling agent WS23 is N,2,3-trimethyl-2-(1-methylethyl)butanamide or N,2,3.trimethyl-2-isopropylbutanamide.The English name is N,2,3-trimethyl-2isopropl butanamide. It is referred to as WS-23. Molecular formula: C10H21NO, molecular weight: 171.29. Its characteristics are refreshing, lasting, fresh, non-irritating spicy taste, no bitterness, and low dosage.
Application of WS-23：
- Daily use products: toothpaste, oral products, Air Freshener, skin cream, shaving cream, shampoo, sunscreen, shower cream.
- Food products: confectionery products, chocolate, dairy produce, beer, distilled spirit, beverage,Chewing Gum.
- Medicine: linctus, diminish inflammation ointment, dyspepsia, antipruritic, liniment, oral cavityacesodyne, heatstroke pill.
- Others: cigarette, filter tip and other tobacco, it also can be used for driving insects.
What does WS-23 taste like?
AOGUBIO supply WS-23 is a cooling agent with little to no odor. Good for those who want a “cool or icy”flavor in their recipe, this offers a rounder and smoother taste than other cooling agents such as koolada or menthol. WS-23 usually does not alter the flavor of your recipe like other additives do.
- Continuous and long lasting cooling and refreshing effect, having no hot, harsh and stinging sensation of Menthol and/or Peppermint.
- Heat-Resistance: Heating under 200oC will not reduce the cooling effect, suitable to use on baking and other high temperature heating process.
- Its cooling intensity can maintain 15-30 minutes, enriching the refreshing of product and having no burning pain, stabbing and numbness, it’s cooler than traditional Menthol product.
- Low dosage: 30-100 mg/kg dosage will give good cooling effect.
- Excellent compatibility with other flavors, it can enhance the effect of the flavors. It also can be combined using with other cooling agents.
- Soluble in Ethanol/PG firstly, then adding water solution.
- Or dissolved in flavors firstly, then added into your products.
- Mixed with dementholized peppermint oil can increase the fragrance signally.