What is Griffonia Seed Extract?
Griffonia Seed Extract,5-HTP is a hormone in the body called serotonin (5- hydroxy tryptophan, the precursor of 5-HT), 5-HTP can help the body to produce of 5-HT. 5-HT is related to some basic function of the nervous system such as arousal, mood, and can also control the human body language, transmission of motion and sensation. So 5-HTP is used for anti depression; weight loss; improve sleep; ease premenstrual syndrome; reduce migraine, tension headache and chronic headaches, BH4 PKU lack etc.
Where is the Griffonia simplicifolia seed from?
The Griffonia simplicifolia plant is grown in the tropical climate of Ghana, the Ivory Coast and Togo. It can grow up to 3m and when it flowers it produces seeds which, when ripe, contain between 14%-20% 5-htp. We only extract 5-htp from the seeds but the leaves of the plant actually contain serotonin in concentrations of 0.1-0.2%. They also have a surprisingly high protein content and contain calcium and phosphorous. Its leaves are recognised as a natural anti-septic and, in more traditional African medicine, chewing the stem is said to have an aphrodisiac effect whilst the plant’s juices are used to treat urinary tract diseases.
Product Name: Griffonia Seed Extract
Product Specification: 50%~98% 5-Hydroxy-Tryninphan
Latin Name: Griffonia Simplicifolia
Test Method: HPLC
Toxicity and Contraindications:
- HTP is low in toxicity, and has few side-effects. If someone feels excess exciting, extremely nervous and discomposed, it is advised to take less dosage at the beginning and then increase gradually.
What Dosage Of 5-HTP Should You Take?
The dosage of 5 HTP that you require will depend on the reason that you’re taking it. Different dosages of 5-HTP will provide different effects. For example, for weight loss it’s recommended to take 250mg of 5 HTP, three times a day. However, the dosage for sleep is 100mg – 300mg, before bed.
Function of Griffonia Seed Extract
- Improving in mood, anxiety, insomnia, and physical symptoms;
- Anti depression, Reducing depressing and fibromyalgia;
- Being effective in various types of headaches including tension headache and migraines;
- Decreasing food intake and weight loss.
Application of Griffonia Seed Extract
- As raw materials of drugs for anti-bacterial, anti-depressants, anti-tumor and sedation, it is widely used in fields of pharmaceutical and health products;
- As insomnia, other similar symptoms of psychasthenia and lose weight product raw material, it is widely used in health products industry;
- As dietary supplements increased therapeutic function, it is widely used in fields of dietary supplement products;
- As products of sedative and anti-bacterial, they are widely used to add to beauty products in cosmetic industry.
Dosing of Griffonia Seed Extract
The appropriate dose of Griffonia simplicifolia depends on several factors such as the user’s age, health, and several other conditions. At this time there is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate range of doses for Griffonia simplicifolia. Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe and dosages can be important. Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.