Appearance:Light yellow to brown viscous liquid.
Solubility:Water-insoluble. Soluble in alcohol, DMSO, plant oils, triglyceride, silicone oils, and a wide-range of hydrophobic emollients.
Storage:Store at room temperature
Country of Origin:China
Raw Material Source:Edible seeds of the Psoralea Corylifolia plant
Manufacture:Bakuchiol is extracted and purified from the seeds of the Psoralea corylifolia plant.
Animal Testing:Not animal tested
Vegan:Does not contain animal-derived components
Retinol-like, 100% natural, anti-aging & anti-blemished skin compound extracted from the edible seeds of the Psoralea Corylifolia plant, a herb that is widely used in Indian as well as in Chinese medicine. Despite having no structural resemblance to retinol, Bakuchiol was found to have retinol functionality through retinol-like regulation of gene expression. > 99% purity. Molecular weight 256.38g/mol. Specific gravity <1.0.
- Effective active agent against blemished and impure skin.
- Balances natural regulation of sebum production.
- Bakuchiol has anti-aging and anti-wrinkle properties by having retinol-like activities. Bakuchiol has been clinically demonstrated to reduce hyperpigmentation and wrinkles as efficiently as retinol.
- In in-vitro studies Bakuchiol has been found to stimulate collagen production and maintain the high level of elastin.
- Bakuchiol has excellent photochemical and hydrolytic stability and acts as stabilizer of retinol under photo-oxidative environment.
- In-vitro, Bakuchiol has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal activity.
Add to the oil phase of emulsions. Do not heat to more than 50°C (122°F). Typical use level: 0.25 to 1%. Addition of a small amount of a chelating agent (e.g. 0.05% EDTA) is helpful in overcoming coloration issue due to the presence of iron or copper. pH of final product should be < 6.0. For external use only.
Anti-blemish skin products, face creams, lotions, anti-aging & anti-wrinkle products.