A basic information
Bifidobacterium longum belongs to the genus Lactobacillus, gram-positive bacteria, no plasmid, no spores, no flagella, no movement, strictly anaerobic bacteria.
Active lactic acid bacteria content ≥ 10 billion cfu / g, powder, packed in aluminum foil bag, 1 kg / bag.
1. Bifidobacterium longum is taken from the intestinal tract of a healthy human body, and a strain that is completely suitable for the human body is selected. It conforms to the US Food and Drug Administration’s approval and can be used for general foods.
2. Bifidobacterium longum can regulate the human intestine, improve health effects, promote intestinal peristalsis, regulate intestinal flora, and maintain intestinal flora balance;
3. Reduce or weaken the pathogenic bacteria and bacterial toxin receptors of intestinal mucosal epithelial cells, hinder the pathogenic effect, and the extracellular glycosidase can degrade the heteropolysaccharide of intestinal mucosal epithelial cells, preventing potential pathogenic bacteria and bacterial toxin Combined with heteropolysaccharide and adsorbed on intestinal mucosa, thus protecting the host;
4. It has probiotic health effects such as alleviating lactose intolerance, enhancing human immunity, allergies, reducing cholesterol, preventing cancer and inhibiting tumor growth.
Size and colony morphology
1. Size Under the microscope, it is generally 0.9-1.2 um in length and 0.4-0.6 um in width, usually in irregular shapes such as Y-shaped, V-shaped or curved, as shown in the figure.
2. Colony morphology The colonies are round, convex, smooth, neat edges, opaque, and colonies are white or milky white.
Suitable for growing environment
1 The optimal growth temperature of Bifidobacterium longum is 36-38 ° C, the growth temperature range is 20-45 ° C, the pH value range is 6.5-7.0, and it generally does not grow at a pH value of 4.5-5.0 or below, or a pH value of 8.0-8.5.
2. This strain is a strictly anaerobic bacteria without enzyme activity. The tolerance to oxygen varies with the number of passages. When aerobic is present, a small amount of enzyme is activated to remove a small amount of hydrogen peroxide, while hydrogen peroxide The presence of glutamate will destroy the enzymes produced by carbohydrate metabolism, which will lead to difficult growth of bacteria.
1 culture characteristics: culture in the laboratory, can be cultured with MRS medium.
2 Biochemical characteristics: Bifidobacterium longum does not produce carbon dioxide, propionic acid and butyric acid during carbohydrate metabolism, while acetic acid and lactic acid are the main metabolites, and it also produces a small amount of formic acid and succinic acid; it can break down the human intestine. Digested fibers or glycans produce large amounts of acid to inhibit harmful bacteria.