INCI:Mica, boron nitride
Composition:Mica, boron nitride
Purity Grade:No purity grade applicable
Appearance:White to off-white powder
Solubility:Insoluble but miscible in water
Storage:Store in a closed container at a dry place at room temperature
Country of Origin:China
Raw Material Source:Boron trioxide, boric acid, urea, serecite
Manufacture:Boron nitride is produced synthetically. Hexagonal boron nitride is obtained by the reacting boron trioxide or boric acid with urea in a nitrogen atmosphere. Boron nitride is then treated with sericite.
Animal Testing:Not animal tested
Vegan:Does not contain animal-derived components
Boron nitride is a naturally occurring mineral made of boron and nitrogen. It has been treated with Sericite, a form or mica, to provide the mineral better spreadability, slip and coverage. Composition: Boron nitride 10%, serecite 90%. Median particle size 11.6 microns
- Excellent texturizer in various face powders providing great slip and superior adherence to the skin
- Enhances the spreadability and provides better coverage and wearability
- Helps minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and blemishes
- Imparts a matte look and superb soft focus properties
- Can replace talc in formulas
Add as is to formula. Typical use level is 0.5-25% depending on formula. For external use only.
Face powders, eye shadow, blush, foundations.