Purity Grade:No purity grade applicable
Appearance:Fine white powder, chalky taste, odorless
Solubility:Barely soluble in water (0.013 g/L)
Storage:Store in a closed container at a dry place at room temperature
Country of Origin:China
Raw Material Source:Limestone
Manufacture:Calcium carbonate is obtained by crushing and grinding limestone carefully from rich stone belts.
Animal Testing:Not animal tested
Vegan:Does not contain animal-derived components
This calcium carbonate is a natural mineral sourced from high purity white minerals from the richest stone belts. It is ideal for cosmetic purposes. Particle size distribution 5.5 µm.
- Excellent texturizer, functional filler and extender in various powder cosmetics
- Enhances the creaminess of emulsions (creams and lotions)
- Enhances the amount and speed of foam generation in surfactant systems (shampoos, shower gels)
- Widely used as buffering and neutralizing agent
- Useful as opacifying agent in cosmetic applications containing pigments
- Has anti-microbial activity
- Can replace talc in formulas, especially when combined with boron nitride sericite
Add as is to formulas. Typical use level is 0.5-25% depending on formula. For external use only.
Decorative cosmetics, make-up, face powders, creams & lotions, hair care products, perfumes & fragrances