A basic information
Lactobacillus reuteri belongs to the genus Lactobacillus, gram-positive bacteria, no plasmid, no spore production, no flagella, no movement, facultative anaerobic bacteria. Lactobacillus reuteri is an obligate allotype fermentation strain, which can ferment sugar to produce CO2, lactic acid, acetic acid and ethanol.
Active lactic acid bacteria content ≥ 10 billion cfu / g, powder, packed in aluminum foil bag, 1 kg / bag.
1. It usually inhabits the intestinal system of humans and animals, is harmless to humans and animals, and has good biocompatibility;
2. Acid and bile salt resistant, bacteriocin-producing, very strong adhesion to intestinal cells;
3. Can effectively inhibit or kill the growth of pathogenic bacteria such as E. coli and Helicobacter pylori;
4. Promote intestinal peristalsis, regulate intestinal flora, maintain intestinal flora balance, and inhibit diarrhea;
5. It can tolerate the defense mechanisms of organisms, including enzymes in the oral cavity, low pH in gastric juice, and bile acids in the small intestine;
6 has probiotic health effects such as alleviating lactose intolerance, enhancing human immunity, allergies, reducing cholesterol, preventing cancer and inhibiting tumor growth.
Size and colony morphology
1. Size Under the microscope, the shape of the cell is slightly irregular, with rounded ends of Campylobacter. The size is (0.7-1.0) x (2.0-5.0) um, usually single, paired, small clusters, as shown in the figure:
2.Colony morphology The colonies are irregular, round, convex, smooth, and the edges are neat. On the blood plate, the colonies are white or milky white.
Suitable for growing environment
The optimal growth temperature of Lactobacillus reuteri is 36-40 ° C, the optimal fermentation temperature is 35-40 ° C, the minimum growth temperature is 25-28 ° C, and the maximum growth temperature is 43-45 ° C. Generally does not grow in an environment with a pH value below 4.5-5.0 or a pH value above 8.0-8.5;
1.culture characteristics: culture in the laboratory, can be cultured with MRS medium;
2.Biochemical characteristics: Lactobacillus reuteri can ferment sugar to produce CO2, lactic acid, acetic acid and ethanol.