A basic information
Bifidobacterium breve belongs to the genus Lactobacillus and is a Gram-positive bacterium. It does not form spores, has no flagella, does not move, and is anaerobe.
Active lactic acid bacteria content ≥ 10 billion cfu / g, powder, packed in aluminum foil bag, 1 kg / bag.
1. An anaerobic Gram-positive bacterium isolated from the feces of breast milk nutritional infants for the first time, and the ends are often bifurcated;
2.Using intestinal material, it can synthesize a variety of digestive enzymes and B vitamins to promote amino acid metabolism, and at the same time, it can ensure the supply of vitamins by inhibiting certain vitamin decomposing bacteria; it can promote protein absorption, improve lipid metabolism disorders, reduce Cholesterol content, blocking the enterohepatic circulation;
3. By stimulating the intestinal mucosa, promoting the secretion of immunoglobulins and the production of cytokines and antibodies, thereby improving the ability of immunity and anti-infection, and inhibiting the occurrence and development of various tumors;
4. It can degrade poisons such as cresol in the intestine and protect the body from damage. This mainly inhibits the production of these substances by inhibiting the growth of spoilage bacteria; or it degrades toxic substances in the intestine, removes pathogenic metabolites, and protects the liver.
Size and colony morphology
1. Size Under the electron microscope, the bacteria are 0.5um wide and 3-10um in length. They are Gram-positive polymorphic bacteria, which are Y-shaped and V-shaped, as shown in the figure:
2. Colony morphology The colony is smooth, round, with complete edges, milky white, opaque and shiny.
Suitable for growing environment
1. The optimal growth temperature of Bifidobacterium breve is 38-41 ° C, the optimal fermentation temperature is 35-40 ° C, the minimum growth temperature is 25-28 ° C, the maximum growth temperature is 43-45 ° C, and the initial growth pH is 6.7- 7.0;
2. Bifidobacterium breve can develop normally under microaerobic conditions, and the acid-producing ratio is more suitable; soy oligosaccharides, isomalttooligosaccharides, and fructooligosaccharides, which are bifidus factors, have a certain proliferation effect on Bifidobacterium breve , While stachyose has no effect on it.
1 culture characteristics: culture in the laboratory, can be cultured with MRS medium.
2 Biochemical characteristics: Bifidobacterium breve does not produce catalase, does not generate indole, benzidine reaction and lecithinase test are negative, does not liquefy gelatin, does not reduce nitrate