Purity Grade:No purity grade applicable
Appearance:White to yellowish, hard granules
Storage:Store in a closed container at a dry place at room temperature
Country of Origin:China
Raw Material Source:Naturally derived feedstock
Manufacture:Behenyl behenate is produced from plant derived behenyl alcohol and plant derived behenic acid which are esterified producing the monoester, behenyl behenate. The monoester is then granulated.
Animal Testing:Not animal tested
Vegan:Does not contain animal-derived components
High purity monoester wax made from naturally derived feedstock. Can be used as natural structuring and gelling agent in various skin care products and color cosmetics. Melting point 70 – 74°C (158 – 165°F). Acid value < 2 mg KOH/g. Saponification value 79 – 89 mg KOH/g.
- Natural structuring and gelling agent with good film forming properties and good thermal stability (a very narrow thermal phase change)
- Can be used as a vegan replacement for beeswax, especially together with Polyhydroxystearic Acid
- Shows good compatibility in a large variety of solvents
- Can be used as a natural replacement for polyethylene exfoliating beads
- Provides excellent emollient properties
Warm to melt before use. Add to fat phase in formulas requiring emulsification. Typical use level 1-20%. For external use only.
Color cosmetics, stick cosmetics incl. lipsticks, lip balms, deodorants. Skin and hair care products.